Monday

Aasiya Kazi on her stint after Balika Vadhu: I was not getting the kind of role I wanted

Get Daily Updates In Email

Aasiya Kazi on her stint after Balika Vadhu: I was not getting the kind of role I wanted

Aasiya Kazi is relishing her spell in SAB TV’s super hit comedy show, Tenali Rama.

In a special interview, she said that it was always a big experiment for her to come out of her daily soap genre and make entry in the well-set character of Rama’s wife Sharda.

“But we actors should be ready to come out of our comfort zone. The best thing is that here we don’t need to do heavy-duty emotional scenes,” she said.

When asked was it tough to catch the shuddh Hindi and Sanskrit zone, she answered, “Yes, at first it was, but I managed by taking the help of my co-stars and creatives. As of now, Sharda has taken a vow of speaking in just sign language, a throwback to the mute character of Rama’s mom Laxmi (Nimisha Vakharia).”

Aasiya stated that she has no problem looking aged on the screen. “The comedy genre anyways is not so much about relationships. Also, no character is made to look too old or young.”

The same role was previously played by two well-known actresses including Niya Sharma and Priyamvada Kant but the two had left the show as they donot wished to look mature on screen.

Aasiya’s last significant TV show was Balika Vadhu, after which she was on break.

“I was also part of the ill-fated Discovery Jeet show, Mere Papa Hero Hiralal, but we all know that the channel shut shop soon. For a while, I was not getting the kind of role I wanted. I also took my time knowing that the TV industry today is very unpredictable. If on the one hand, shows don’t last two or three months, we also have series lasting seven to eight years.”

When questioned to share her TV experience with Bigg Boss 13 contestant Sidharth Shukla, who was also her Balika Vadhu co-actor, she quickly said, “I am the wrong person, for by the time I entered as Ganga, his character was about to be eased out, so we did not interact much.”

Aasiya does not seem too attracted in working in web series. “I am looking out for family-based stuff. For the moment, I am happy with the tube.”

Published by Ricky Tandon on 04 Nov 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment