Saturday

Anushka Sharma reveals the details she told Sabyasachi for designing her wedding dress

Get Daily Updates In Email

Anushka Sharma reveals the details she told Sabyasachi for designing her wedding dress

Anushka Sharma is one of the fashion icons of Bollywood and she is known to be uncompromising when it comes to her style. Just like any other woman, Anushka Sharma too wanted to look like the best bride ever during her wedding with Virat Kohli. Interestingly, Anushka’s wedding clothes were designed by renowned designer Sabyasachi.

The power couple of Bollywood Anushka and Virat had a secret wedding in Tuscany, Italy but they gave a grand reception upon their return to India. In a recent interview with Vogue India, the actress revealed some particular details that she clearly instructed Sabyasachi to take care of while designing her wedding dress.

Anushka said, “When I met Sabyasachi [Mukherjee] I told him very clearly that for my wedding look I wanted to go with pale pink. I didn’t want to do a traditional red because it was a day wedding. I envisioned pastel colours, flowers. The vibe was such—not too much”, the actor shared.

For her wedding, Anushka donned a beautiful pastel pink lehenga which complimented the outfit of her hubby Virat Kohli’s outfit.

Furthermore, Anushka wore a a red Benarasi saree from the same label for her Delhi reception, and revealed interesting details about that as well.

She said, “I told Sabya I wanted to do a traditional red Benarasi sari and I wanted to do it with the sindoor, the heavy traditional jewellery, all of that… And I think he was also very excited by the Benarasi red. I remember having a conversation with him where he said, ‘You know, nowadays a lot of girls wear gowns at their reception and I thought you’d ask me for something like that’ and I said, ‘No, I want to wear an Indian sari at my reception.”

Published by Amrit Santlani on 09 Nov 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment