Tuesday

Prominent Bollywood directors that are spectacular actors as well

Get Daily Updates In Email

Prominent Bollywood directors that are spectacular actors as well

Farhan Akhtar

Not many know that Farhan Akhtar who was last seen in The Sky Is Pink, has helmed hit movies  like Don, Don 2, Lakshya, and Dil Chahta Hai. And then he acted in Rock On!.The actor has also acted in many movies which became super hit like Luck By Chance, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

Rakesh Roshan

Rakesh Roshan,who is a successful actor as well director has helmed movies like Koi… Mil Gaya, Karan Arjun, and Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai.

View this post on Instagram

Koi… Mil Gaya (2003) | Hindi | Rakesh Roshan . So the question right now in your mind might be, what is this post doing among those about a bunch of underrated and critically acclaimed films? Am I allowed to say that it’s just because I miss being a child? I am sure many of you have special memories attached to some particular film, maybe even this one, and a childhood memory is a precious treasure. Koi Mil Gaya constitutes a big chunk of my pre-adolescent days. I laugh at the memes they make out of it now, I agree when people say what a fuckall movie it was, that it’s a pity that Jaadu was the best alien India could come up with. But back then I didn’t know how aliens were supposed to look like (do we still?). I had only seen Spielberg’s E.T. and I was like, yeah close enough. I remember when the first teaser had come on TV, a spaceship hovering over a small Indian town, that’s all they showed. Then some songs, song snippets to be precise. No YouTube, and I waited for days to watch the full video on TV. I think they always showed the full song after the release of the film. The title song was such a favourite, especially because of all the cuteness and innocence. Here was a love song where no one hugged or kissed. They offered biscuits to each other. Quite safe to watch with parents. I was blown away by the choreography of It’s Magic, and how Hrithik pulled off a blue shirt with red trousers. So I wanted a cassette, and I borrowed from a friend for few days. Learnt up all the lyrics. Then I wanted to see the film, and I was too scared to ask my dad. I wrote him a letter explaining the subject of the film, and how it was actually a children’s film (you can laugh). He took me to the theatre, and it was my first Hindi film on the big screen. Today on the road I wanted to listen to the whole album, but neither my Gaana nor Prime app had it. (Don’t suggest Spotify, it’s not free outside India). And I thought fuck it, I’m gonna make a post on this film because I miss those days so much, which includes my mom’s scolding for watching it for the twentieth time. I still watch if I’m at home and it’s on TV. Damn it, SET Max. Play more Koi Mil Gaya. Sooryavansham sucks.

A post shared by Moments in Indian Films (@gangsofcinepur) on

Apart from being a successful director,Rakesh Roshan has worked in various movies like Koi… Mil Gaya, Mother, and Pyaar Do, Pyaar Lo.

Farah Khan

Farah Khan, who is a famous choreographer in the industry is also a successful director to movies Om Shanti Om, Happy New Year, Tees Maar Khan.

The energetic director and choreographer is also a fantabulous actor and has likewise acted in movies like Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi and Tutak Tutiya and has won many accolades for her work.

Anurag Kashyap

People are mad for his web series,you know who I am talking about, the one and only Anurag Kashyap . He has coordinated widely praised movies like Gangs Of Wasseypur and Raman Raghav 2.0.

Apart from being an excellent director he has acted in various movies like Daas Dev, Bombay Rose, and Naam Hai Akira and was appreciated for his performance.

Karan Johar

The most successful director of present times is Karan Johar.He has made some cult classic which even today has its presence felt in our hearts. His directed movies includes Student Of The Year, My Name Is Khan, and Kuch Hota Hai. He is not simply an amazing director yet also a spectacular actor and has likewise acted in various movies like Simmba, Shandaar, and Hasee Toh Phasee.

Published by Lokendra Sharma on 05 Nov 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment