Wednesday

Adorable Izhaan Cheers Mom Sania As She Gets Back On Ground After His Birth

Get Daily Updates In Email

Adorable Izhaan Cheers Mom Sania As She Gets Back On Ground After His Birth

Ace Tennis player Sania Mirza was on break owing to her injury and pregnancy. And it was on March 10, 2019, she was seen playing her first informal match, post-pregnancy and had posted a video recording of the same on her social media, and had written, “So….this happened today”.

On January 14, 2020, Sania entered the Tennis court (officially) after a hiatus of 2.5 years. She won the opening-round in women’s doubles at the Hobart International.

It was also a unique moment for the ace player as her parents and her cute son, Izhaan cheered her up during the match. She called them her good luck charm.

Sania also posted a special post on her personal Insta handle. In one of the images, she can be seen giving a high-five to her son.

Together with it, she penned, “Today was one of the most special days of my life .. to have my parents and my little baby boy supporting me in my first match after a little less than 2 and a half years .. and to top it off we even WON our first round with my partner @nadiakichenok feel very grateful and thankful for all the msgs, support, and love I am receiving. BELIEF!! Takes you places. YES, my baby boy, we did it @izhaan.mirzamalik. Allhamdulillah for everything.”

But coming back to the court hasn’t been a bed of roses, Sania had talked about the problems that she fought head-on.

image source

During media talk, Sania stated that it was too hard for her to get into shape after delivery. She had made many sacrifices to get back on the field.

She had said, “I didn’t want to! I had to. I wasn’t feeling healthy. Till the day I had him, I ate everything I saw. (After that), there was no excuse to eat everything. For me, being healthy is an integral part of who I am. I just wanted to be fit again. I had so much else going on. I wasn’t really thinking about it. Maybe at some point, I was like, if it does happen, great, if it doesn’t, I am not going to beat myself up over it, I have had a great career. The best part about my comeback is it’s on my own terms. I want to come back to play, there is no gun to my head saying you haven’t achieved this so you need to do that.”

During the same media talk, Sania disclosed that her verdict to return to the field was not sudden.

She added, “It was not like one day, but a process going on in my head. It took me time to settle as a mother. There are many changes in my life that happened overnight, and you have to adapt. Mother’s love comes instinctively but other things take an effort. When I look at myself in the mirror, I know what has changed. A lot of things in your body change. For example, I don’t recover as well as I used to, that could be because of the baby, or that could be because of ageing.”

Published by Ricky Tandon on 15 Jan 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment